Market Busser - Multiple On-Mountain Locations
Aspen Snowmass has a reputation as a foodie destination and our on-mountain restaurants live up to the hype. Not only do we serve up delicious food and drinks but we also manage to bring the fun. Dining with us isn’t just a meal — it’s an experience. We are searching for Market Bussers for the Merry Go Round, Elk Camp, Cliffhouse, Sam's and Ullrhof.
The Market Busser is responsible for maintaining a clean & inviting restaurant facility by clearing/wiping tables, stocking products, performing housekeeping functions and engaging with our guests to ensure their needs are attended to.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for following designated opening/closing procedures for the restaurant, to include housekeeping functions for restaurant and restroom areas.
• Ensure all food items are stocked and alert manager to items which are out of stock
• Complete sidework duties to ensure the restaurant is ready for service
• Engage with guests, offering assistance as needed to ensure their needs are met
• Clean and clear tables efficiently, pre-bussing items at busy times to be able to turn tables quickly
• Maintain cleanliness of bus stations to include removal of trash, recycling
• Move tables, chairs, bus stations to facilitate housekeeping and snow removal
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand
• Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• High School graduate preferred
• Prior guest service experience is preferred
• Prior work experience in a commercial kitchen is preferred
• Ability to communicate and follow oral or written directions in English is required
• Ability to ski or ride at an intermediate level is required for employees of ski in/ski out restaurants in winter
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.