We are looking to hire a qualified Day Care Director to manage our day-to-day operations and establish and sustain a positive learning environment for children. You will oversee the coordination of education programs that comply with local and federal regulations, ensure that facilities are maintained, manage and support a complement of daycare staff.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience in managing all aspects of a daycare center or nursery school, as well as strong leadership skills. You should display a friendly demeanor, have a love for children, and strive to create a supportive and encouraging environment for both children and teachers. Early childhood development experience is a plus.
• Ensure a safe, happy, and stimulating environment for children.
• Manage and coordinate curricula with staff that complies with state and federal requirements.
• Ensure that the facility is safe for children and comply with laws and regulations.
• Evaluate and purchase materials, equipment, and supplies.
• Manage and support teaching staff and promote their professional development.
• Interview, hire, and train new staff members, ensuring they meet all policies and legal requirements.
• Complete ongoing training and courses to remain up to date on daycare standards and procedures.
• Communicate and meet with parents regarding their children and the center’s policies.
• Hold monthly staff meetings
• Manage enrollment, track drop-in, late pickups, extended care for billing
• Monitor condition of infrastructure, facility and equipment, and coordinate necessary repair and maintenance
• Maintain regular communication with ownership concerning all aspects of the operation
• Be able and willing to teach or otherwise fill in during unplanned staffing shortages
• Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• Early childhood education experience may be preferred.
• Licensure is required or a level 4 with Colorado Shines
• Comply with local, state, and federal laws governing childcare.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
• Friendly and approachable demeanor.
• Maintain a professional appearance, attitude, and work ethic at all times.
Paid holidays, sick time, salary dependent on experience